You may have seen us start posting about the Mission Small Business grant competition yesterday on Facebook.
We really need your help to get votes in Mission Small Business.
If Hearts and Laserbeams was chosen to receive a $250,000 grant from Mission: Small Business, we could do so much.
- We could create jobs and stellar on the job training to new fresh out of college graphic designers looking to get real world job experience that doesn’t involve getting coffee or massaging the feet of ones art directors. (Does that happen?)
- We could stop talking about back burner projects like character licensing and animations featuring our characters and actually produce that work.
- We could work with our fabulous amazing clients on even more design projects.
- We could provide more great learning resources like our e-Book on Easy SEO for Bloggers to you, our internet family
- We could probably have a pizza party to celebrate. (Joshnigel, prepare the stack of $5 Hot and Readys from Little Ceasars.)
As Hearts and Laserbeams grows in scope and clientele, we’ve started dreaming about expanding. Taking that next step from 1-woman stay at home mom with a full-time graphic design job to a full-blown graphic design firm with an actual office and staff? It takes money.
There is so much we could do with a $250,000 grant from Mission: Small Business, but we can’t do any of it without you.
Here’s how you can help get us in the running:
1) Go to http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com
2) Log in with your Facebook account. (I know some of my friends are extremely opposed to those kinds of sites… I ask you, I implore you, please consider making an exception in this case. It’s really important to us.)
3) Search for “Hearts and Laserbeams” in Long Beach California.
4) Click that vote button!
That’s all it takes – we need 250 votes to even be considered, so please. Take the time to do this for us. Consider passing this blog post on to your friends, family and social network. And thank you so much in advance.
Three cheers to our friend Kristin at Meringue Bake Shop who put the word out about the Mission: Small Business competition – at this stage of the game you can vote for all your favorite small businesses so please also do a search for Meringue Bake Shop in Fullerton, California and pass a vote their way as well!
Thanks again, guys. Your votes mean everything.
Latest posts by Steph Calvert (see all)
- Don’t Worry, Bee Happy - May 21, 2013
- SCAD Fashion Show 2013 Recap – Where the Wild Fashion Things Are - May 18, 2013
- Likes on Instagram: How to Get More Fast & Easy - May 16, 2013